Developing An Asset Management Strategy
The hotel asset manager is responsible for managing lodging investments to meet the specific objectives of ownership. The asset manager’s role in building value is analyzed at both the portfolio and the property level. This course focuses on the importance of developing a strategic vision for asset management, and for using the latest asset management techniques in pursuit of that strategic vision.
Participants will examine the role of the asset manager in real estate portfolio management and learn how to develop a strategic vision for asset management. They will learn how to create an asset management plan designed to accomplish long-term financial goals, create forecasts, and build models that analyze sell versus hold alternatives and make optimal recommendations consistent with the asset management strategy and plan.
Who Should Take this Course?
This course is designed for –
- Managers and professionals in the hospitality industry with financial or operational responsibility for real estate, investments, or management contracts;
- General managers, asset managers, and others with asset management responsibilities;
- Business development professionals with branded operators who have professional interaction with owners;
- Lenders, investors, real estate professionals, and developers who seek entrance into the hospitality real estate market.
Participants who complete this course will be able to...
Analyze the asset manager's role in building value at both the portfolio and the property level
Develop a strategic vision for asset management
Create an asset management plan for a property's long-term needs
Model sell-versus-hold decisions, the optimal holding period, and make recommendations for individual assets
- Jan deRoos, Ph.D., Associate Professor and HVS International Professor of Finance and Real Estate , School of Hotel Administration, Cornell SC Johnson College of Business
Estimated Hours to Complete Course: 6.0
About the School of Hotel Administration at the Cornell SC Johnson College of Business
The School of Hotel Administration at the Cornell SC Johnson College of Business is shaping the global knowledge base for hospitality management through leadership in education, research, and industry advancement. Accredited by the Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB), the school provides management instruction in the full range of hospitality disciplines, educating the next generation of leaders in the world's largest industry. Founded in 1922 as the nation's first collegiate course of study in hospitality management, the Cornell School of Hotel Administration is recognized as the world leader in its field.