Master Certificate in Revenue Management
To maximize profit in today's complex global market, you need to combine many disciplines, including predicting customer demand, fine-tuning production, and managing various teams. This online Master Certificate in Revenue Management will enable you to push the buttons that drive profits and performance strategically and effectively. Through discussion with peers, real-life examples, and instruction by elite Cornell University School of Hotel Administration faculty, you will gain in-depth training in finance, general and advanced revenue management, and marketing—all of which will help you effectively manage your hotel's revenue management.
This certificate has 18 online courses requiring ~108 hours to complete.
This certificate is earned upon completion of 14 required core courses and four elective courses. Outcomes will vary depending on the elective courses selected.
- Introduction to Hotel Revenue Management
- Forecasting and Availability Controls in Hotel Revenue Management
- Pricing Strategy and Distribution Channels in Hotel Revenue Management
- Overbooking Practices in Hotel Revenue Management
- Non-Traditional Applications of Hotel Revenue Management
- Price and Inventory Controls
- Price Sensitivity and Pricing Decisions
- Segmentation and Price Optimization
- Displacement and Negotiated Pricing
- Search Engines and Online Selling: Stimulating Incremental Demand
- Understanding Financial Statements
- Using Ratio Analysis to Evaluate Financial Performance
- Marketing the Hospitality Brand through New Media: Social, Mobile & Search
- Hospitality Customer Engagement through New Media Marketing
Elective (4 Courses)
- Introduction to Restaurant Revenue Management
- Managing Revenue with Service Cycle Changes
- Managing Revenue with Table Mix
- Managing Revenue with Pricing
- Mastering the Time Value of Money
- Making Capital Investment Decisions
- Risk and Return: How to Identify, Measure, and Incorporate Into Capital Budgeting Decisions
- Raising Capital: The Process, the Players, and Strategic Considerations
- Services Marketing Planning and Management
- Evaluating Business and Customer Factors Affecting Marketing Decisions for Services
- Building a Resilient Services Marketing Information System
- Developing a Service Strategy and Managing the Brand
- Managing Service Demand through Pricing and Distribution Strategies
- Developing an Integrated Marketing Communications Strategy for Services
Who Should Take This Certificate Series?
This certificate series is designed for general managers, revenue and finance managers, and other hospitality professionals responsible for improving the financial performance of their organization. The program is most beneficial to professionals with at least 3 years of experience in their industry. Participants will receive foundational and advanced instruction in revenue management and learn the industry-critical skills and advanced techniques used by top performers the world over.
About the School of Hotel Administration at the Cornell SC Johnson College of Business
The School of Hotel Administration at the Cornell SC Johnson College of Business is shaping the global knowledge base for hospitality management through leadership in education, research, and industry advancement. Accredited by the Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB), the school provides management instruction in the full range of hospitality disciplines, educating the next generation of leaders in the world's largest industry. Founded in 1922 as the nation's first collegiate course of study in hospitality management, the Cornell School of Hotel Administration is recognized as the world leader in its field.