Adding Value with Special Events
In this course, you will discover how catering and special events are different from other food and beverage businesses and examine recommended strategies for effectively communicating with your clients.
Next, you will explore the economics of catering and special events and develop strategies for pricing these events. You will continue with an overview of the complex array of partners you will need to work with and explore how those partners will help you create a successful event.
Finally, you will develop best practices for creating a plan (menu, etc.) for your event.
Who Should Take this Course?
This course is appropriate for caterers, restaurateurs, event space managers, property managers, and corporate event managers.
- Exploring how special events production differs from other kinds of food and beverage operations
- Examining important considerations for creating a profitable special events venture
- Exploring the array of partnerships needed to plan and execute a successful event
- Examining best practices for executing a successful special event
- Cheryl Stanley, Lecturer, School of Hotel Administration