Asset Management Strategy
In this course, you will explore the strategic decisions asset managers make, determining how you can proactively share information that maximizes your influence and helps them make better decisions. You will review the key components of a market assessment and pinpoint the data needed for effective analysis. You will develop an understanding of hold vs. sell decisions and determine how you can help optimally position your property for analysis. You will determine strategies for effectively communicating with the asset manager through periodic status meetings and site visits. After completing this course you will be prepared to influence the asset management strategy for your property and work more effectively with your asset manager.
Who Should Take this Course?
This course is designed for general managers, assistant general managers, senior operational leaders, hotel managers and leaders.
Participants who complete this course will be able to...
- Explore key components of a market assessment and conduct a high-level analysis for your property
- Understand sell vs. hold decisions and analyze your property from the asset manager and owner’s perspective
- Develop impactful strategies to communicate successfully with an asset manager
- Jeanne Varney, Senior Lecturer, School of Hotel Administration
- Prof Jan de Roos, Academic Director of the Cornell-Vin University Project, Cornell SC Johnson College of Business