Asset Management Toolkit
In this course, you will examine the analytical tools asset managers use to perform critical analyses. You will conduct both a competitive analysis and a SWOT analysis on your property. You will explore benchmarking practices and financial analyses to identify deviations from expected performance. You will also examine best practices for projecting capital expenditures and performing a highest and best use analysis. You will leave this course with an array of helpful techniques that will enable you to provide the data and analysis that asset managers need to perform their jobs effectively.
Who Should Take this Course?
This course is designed for general managers, assistant general managers, senior operational leaders, hotel managers and leaders.
Participants who complete this course will be able to...
- Perform a SWOT analysis (strength, weaknesses, opportunities, threats) for a particular asset that examines relevant factors, such as location, amenities, and demand generators
- Explore the characteristics of successful value enhancement projects and create your own value enhancement proposal for an asset
- Utilize tools to assess operational and financial performance and monitor ongoing activities to help maximize the value of the property
- Jeanne Varney, Senior Lecturer, School of Hotel Administration
- Prof Jan de Roos, Academic Director of the Cornell-Vin University Project, Cornell SC Johnson College of Business