Be a Better Birder: Duck and Waterfowl Identification
Learn to identify ducks, geese, swans, loons, grebes, and more with Cornell Lab ornithologist Dr. Kevin McGowan. Based on our popular webinar series, each lesson in this self-paced online course features a video tutorial followed by exercises and quizzes designed to help build your ID skills.
- Develop strategies for identifying birds at a glance from a World Series of Birding champion.
- Get to know all the common waterfowl in North America species-by-species.
- Practice your skills with photo and sound-based ID Challenge quizzes.
This course features lessons containing more than 3 hours of video instruction, 21 quizzes, and 2 puzzles. Bird enthusiasts of all levels will benefit from the expert ID tips throughout. You can choose to earn a digital badge and a printable certificate by passing the final exam.
You’ll come away knowing
- How to categorize waterfowl
- How much variety you can expect to see
- The most important things to look for, and what to ignore
- How to avoid common misidentifications
- ID strategies for all common North American species