Certificate in Change Management
As a leader in your organization, you must be prepared for change. Whether you are dealing with a planned initiative, volatile industry, or unexpected situation, change is inevitable. In this series, you will identify where you fit in the power hierarchy of your organization and how this plays into your role in organizational decision-making.
The Change Management certificate program, developed by Cornell University faculty, will equip you to anticipate where things are moving, implement changes needed, and sustain the momentum of your initiatives to advance your agenda. The four core courses and two leadership electives enable you to meet your specific development goals while customizing the program to suit your particular professional outcomes.
The courses in this certificate will equip you to…
- Analyze your organization in terms of its tendency toward change
- Build an approach for identifying and influencing key stakeholders
- Devise an approach for overcoming resistance
- Explore critical decisions such as when to negotiate, when not to negotiate, whether you should make the opening move in a negotiation, and how many issues you want to put on the table
- Analyze, enhance, and activate your network to achieve goals and improve your ability to exercise power
This certificate has 13 online courses requiring ~78 hours to complete.
This certificate is earned upon completion of four required core courses and two elective courses. Outcomes will vary depending on the elective courses selected.
- Navigating Power Relationships
- Negotiation Skills
- Leading Strategic Change Initiatives
- Leading Organizational Change
- Leading Collaborative Teams
- Leading across Cultures
- Coaching Skills for Leaders
- Motivating People for High Performance
- Quality and Service Excellence
- Planning and Delivering Effective Presentations
- Leading with Credibility
- Leading for Creativity and Innovation
- Strategic Decision Making
Who Should Take This Certificate Series?
This certificate is appropriate for professionals with three or more years of experience who are working in, or aspiring toward, leadership roles, and mid- to upper-level managers, high potentials, senior leaders or individual contributors with three or more years of experience who regularly face change in their organization.
About the School of Hotel Administration at the Cornell SC Johnson College of Business
The School of Hotel Administration at the Cornell SC Johnson College of Business is shaping the global knowledge base for hospitality management through leadership in education, research, and industry advancement. Accredited by the Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB), the school provides management instruction in the full range of hospitality disciplines, educating the next generation of leaders in the world's largest industry. Founded in 1922 as the nation's first collegiate course of study in hospitality management, the Cornell School of Hotel Administration is recognized as the world leader in its field.