Certificate in Data Analytics in R
R is now considered one of the most popular analytics tools in the world. In this certificate program you will develop the skill set necessary to perform all key aspects of data science efficiently. The courses cover the application of core analytics concepts in the R programming environment to allow a scalable implementation.
You’ll learn techniques for manipulating and visualizing data, describing data through descriptive statistics, and clustering. You’ll extend these basic reporting approaches through classification and predictive analytics using traditional parametric models (regression and logistic regression) as well as machine learning techniques. In addition, you’ll develop linear, nonlinear, and Monte Carlo decision-making models that will allow you to make more informed decisions.
This certificate has 3 online courses requiring ~72 hours to complete.
Participants who complete this course will be able to…
- Understand, model and visualize data using R
- Make predictions for qualitative and quantitative dependent variables using R
- Efficiently use the full breadth of parametric and non-parametric predictive data models in R
- Develop models to make complex, large-scale decisions through the use of mathematical approximations such as optimization (linear, nonlinear, dynamic programming) and Monte Carlo simulation using R
- Predictive Analytics in R
- Clustering, Classification, and Machine Learning in R
- Prescriptive Analytics in R
Who Should Take This Certificate Series?
This course is ideal for analysts, developers, data scientists, functional managers, consultants, any professional that uses data to make business decisions.
About the School of Hotel Administration at the Cornell SC Johnson College of Business
The School of Hotel Administration at the Cornell SC Johnson College of Business is shaping the global knowledge base for hospitality management through leadership in education, research, and industry advancement. Accredited by the Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB), the school provides management instruction in the full range of hospitality disciplines, educating the next generation of leaders in the world's largest industry. Founded in 1922 as the nation's first collegiate course of study in hospitality management, the Cornell School of Hotel Administration is recognized as the world leader in its field.