Master Certificate in Hospitality Management
Hospitality businesses are complicated, and managers must combine both precise technical expertise and a broad, strategic focus to make things run smoothly. This 18 course Master Certificate in Hospitality Management will provide you with everything you need, from the broad, people-managing dimension of hospitality management to the precise, technical expertise involved in your specific job. In as few as 9 months, this certificate will equip you with all the skills you need to advance your company and your career. Elective course options focus on foodservice, restaurant revenue, hotel revenue and marketing topics.
This certificate has 18 online courses requiring ~108 hours to complete.
This certificate is earned upon completion of 14 required core courses and four elective courses. Outcomes will vary depending on the elective courses selected.
- Introduction to Hotel Operations
- Becoming a Powerful Leader
- Building High Performance Teams
- Understanding Financial Statements
- Using Ratio Analysis to Evaluate Financial Performance
- Services Marketing Planning and Management
- Evaluating Business and Customer Factors Affecting Marketing Decisions for Services
- Introduction to Restaurant Revenue Management
- Managing Revenue with Service Cycle Changes
- Introduction to Hotel Revenue Management
- Forecasting and Availability Controls in Hotel Revenue Management
- Marketing the Hospitality Brand Through Digital Media
- Utilizing Income Statements and Operational Data
- Building Guest Loyalty
Elective (4 Courses)
- Managing Revenue with Table Mix
- Managing Revenue with Pricing
- Pricing Strategy and Distribution Channels in Hotel Revenue Management
- Overbooking Practices in Hotel Revenue Management
- Non-Traditional Applications of Hotel Revenue Management
- Building a Resilient Services Marketing Information System
- Developing a Service Strategy and Managing the Brand
- Managing Service Demand through Pricing and Distribution Strategies
- Developing an Integrated Marketing Communications Strategy for Services
- Implementing Brand Strategy Through Digital Media
- Optimizing Your Food and Beverage Menu
- Managing your Food and Beverage Supply Chain
Who Should Take This Certificate Series?
This certificate series is designed for hospitality professionals within hotels and corporate offices seeking a comprehensive understanding of the many facets of hospitality including finance, leadership, marketing, and revenue management. It is also ideal for upper-level professionals moving into executive level positions who wish to refine their skills in specific hospitality areas.
About the School of Hotel Administration at the Cornell SC Johnson College of Business
The School of Hotel Administration at the Cornell SC Johnson College of Business is shaping the global knowledge base for hospitality management through leadership in education, research, and industry advancement. Accredited by the Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB), the school provides management instruction in the full range of hospitality disciplines, educating the next generation of leaders in the world's largest industry. Founded in 1922 as the nation's first collegiate course of study in hospitality management, the Cornell School of Hotel Administration is recognized as the world leader in its field.