Pharmaceutical Management Certificate
This live, synchronous certificate program provides an exploration of the key management issues facing the pharmaceutical and biotechnology industries. The perspective is global, with an emphasis on the U.S. as the largest and most profitable market.
Over the course of 5 weeks, Professor Nicholson with guide you through discussions on:
- Rapid technological change and substantial investments in research and development (R&D)
- The role of biotechnology and genomics in transforming the industry
- A complex global marketplace where customers include governments and private health insurers as well as physicians, pharmacists, and individual patients
- Government regulation of every dimension of the business including the safety and efficacy of drugs, pricing, manufacturing, and marketing
- Continually evolving mergers, joint ventures, and alliances
- Global products and multinational firms with growing tension between the needs and ability to pay for different market segments
Throughout your experience in this certificate program you will work on a project that follows the life cycle of a drug of your choosing.
- 1.5 month duration, 6-8 hours of coursework per week
- Consists of one five-week course
- Learn more about eCornell's Pharmaceutical Management Certificate