Search Engines and Online Selling: Stimulating Incremental Demand
Today’s consumers rely less upon traditional travel agents and more on web-based research when booking travel. In this online course participants will learn to develop online strategies designed to improve their standing in Internet search results, called Search Engine Optimization (SEO), and increase their visibility to target customers.
Participants will learn how to optimize position on Internet search results and increase conversions the moment when a search becomes a purchase. Online travel agencies are especially popular because they provide one-stop convenience and notifications for consumers searching for deals and promotional opportunities. The success of online travel agencies is largely attributable to their marriage of leading-edge technology and a keen insight into consumer behavior patterns.
Who Should Take this Course?
This course is designed for general managers, revenue and finance managers, operations, sales, marketing and other hospitality professionals who are responsible for the financial performance of their organization. Professionals with at least 3 years of experience in their industry will see the greatest benefits. This course provides advanced instruction in revenue management and teaches the industry-critical skills and advanced techniques used by top performers the world over.
Participants who complete this course will be able to...
- Employ search engine marketing techniques through paid and organic search optimization techniques
- Recognize the role and opportunities of online travel agencies in demand stimulation and management
- Stay current and ahead of the competition with the newest, most effective ways to sell online
Module 1 - Strategic Use of OTAs
- Players in the OTA Market
- Opaque OTAs
- The Value of Opaque OTAs
Module 2 - Search Engine Marketing Strategies
- Creating Demand with Search
- Introduction to SEM
- Christopher Anderson, Professor, School of Hotel Administration